This crap works
January 13, 2018 ~ Saturday
Thank you God! Thank you for Miles, Brycen, Trevor, thank you for my core and my tribe ,thank you for everything and everyone else. I pray for physical and spiratual protection.
Question for Ma' - Does it make sense to pray for things if God's plan is predestined? Something I've been thinking about a lot lately. Should we just be praying thanks? Of course, God will help with our feelings and emotions. God gives us comfort.
I pray for peace for my heart. I'm fighting off the loneliness and discomfort of not being in my surroundings.
How will you become strong if you have all your wants? You are on a journey to be stronger! remember to pray when you are feeling weak. I am your fther - seek me not others. Seek me first. I am teaching you mindfulness. Learn this.
We are learning about being mindful in our DBT class. It's so painful for me. Here is the one I'm about to practice this morning. [my homework]
Awareness while making tea or coffee. Prepare a pot of tea or coffee to serve guest or drink yourself. Do each movement slowly, in awareness. Do not let one detail of your movements go without being aware of it. Know that your hand lifts the pot by its handle. Know that you are pouring the fragrant, warm tea or coffee into the cup. Follow each step in awareness. Breath gently and move deeply than usual. Take hold of your breath if your mind strays. (DBT Skills training, Marsha M. Linehan - Handout & Worksheets, pg 62)
I will try this and report back.
1. Stop to ask myself coffee or tea. Get quiet to see what I really want. (Lots of noise going on - have to block that out.) Tea feels easier right now. I'll get out a pot to boil instead of doing microwave.
2. Observe the water trickling into the pan. Reflecting on the bottom. It's beautiful and I'm grateful. I was watching without thinking and it got too full. I tipped it out slowly and listened to the sound if made. Gratitude.
3. I notice thoughts coming into my mind...need for groceries, my belly is growling... Take a deep breath to push them out.
4. Disruption happens, someone comes into the room and talks to me. I keep focused on this journal and what I'm doing, they leave. Deep breath. Lean my head back and let the light shine on my face. God's light.
5. There's so much noise - outside interference - but I prevailed. Kept rechoosing the activity.
6. Noticed beauty. The water boiling, the sounds happening around me. Breath.
7. Deeply smelled the tea. Realized I had the sleepy tea. Made slow slow movements to ge new tea, open tea bag (listen to sounds) and smell.
8. Waiting for water to boil, put my hands on outside of pan - feel warmth - thank you Jesus. Thank you God, creator of all. Thank you Holy Spirit. Thank you.
9. Put saran wrap on top of cup. The design the steam made and water condensation was beautiful, I traced a circle with my finger.
10. Smell the tea everytime I drink, feel the warmth on my tongue and follow with my mind to the back of my throat. Gratitude.
Thank you for this experience. I feel calm and peaceful. This would be a wonderful exercise when anxious, not able to sleep. I will try this again.
I feel happy. I am trusting the process. This crap works.